Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scrumptious Strawberry Sesame Cookies

I am in love with this new recipe for Strawberry Sesame cookies I tried yesterday!

Sweet and savory, this variation on the traditional jam thumbprint cookie is surprisingly good and super easy to make. I started with the recipe for Apricot Sesame Cookies on Allrecipies.com and varied it up so I could make it with what I had already in the house and not have to go to the store. Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Scrumptious Strawberry Sesame Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Strawberry Jam

DIRECTIONS
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in extract. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.

2. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

1 comment:

SophisticatedBrew said...

this picture showed up in my facebook updates and immediately caught my eye. they look, and sound, delicious.