Saturday, September 29, 2007

Georgia on My Mind

Georgia Blog Carnival #19 is up! Featuring all sorts of writing from across our peachy state, I'm happy to say that one of my posts was included:

"Having a picnic at Oakland Cemetary…It sounds like a blast….a blast from the past. Ok, bad teacher humor, I know. Ashes and Glass makes its carnival debut with Friends in Cemeteries. Check the picture out….the thrift reminds me of my grandmother."

Thanks EHT for the mention and the love! Thanks in particular for sharing that it made you think of your grandmother- memories of my grandmother are never far from my thoughts and all that she brought to my life remains always in my heart. In fact, my mother, my sister and I just got tickets - we're going across to Ireland in November. it won't be long before I'm standing once more on the soil of my grandmother's country.

No comments: