Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Never Underestimate the Power of Speed Metal

What is it about the legislative session looming that makes me listen to nothing but speed metal? I can't seem to get enough of Anthrax or Megadeth. It makes me feel like I'm 15 again and rebelling against the first day of school. It also makes me feel strong and like I'm secretly giving the finger to the jerks that I will soon be smiling and laughing politely with. God, how's that for deep-seeded angst?

If anyone has any Slayer or Helloween, holla at a girl. I also need a recording of the Anthrax/Public Enemy collaboration of "Bring Da Noize."

1 comment:

Reem Tara said...

i'm pretty sure the cd with bring tha noize on it is somewhere in the parents' house. or i might have it. go on with your speed metal. i'll keep listening to classical music like a weiner, which is all i've been able to handle today.

btw i got the notice about this in my email! it works!